Cinema for me is…
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Hungarian boy from Romania, who loves filmmaking and rainy days.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
My best quality is to figure it out somehow. My worst habit is arguing about something with the phrase: “I always said…”, just to make a point. Actually, I never say what I say, when I say I always said.
3. Your dream job?
My dream job is to make films, documentaries which can influence and change someone’s life, literally.
4. What do you like most about your country?
It’s potential to change and develop.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
My favorite dish is diós bejgli (a traditional spiral strudel with sweet walnuts) with a cup of hot black coffee.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
The Hungarian word I like the most is: ő. It means both he and she.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
Lately I did not visit any European capital, but one month ago, I was in Hamburg. It’s lovely. I like its gentle rain.
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
For a short period, I would like to live in Germany, France, Finland, Spain, Greece, Ukraine, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Estonia, Italy, Hungary, Ireland, Portugal. I would love to live in a lot of countries, but just for a short period. In Romania I would like to get old.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Interdependence, freedom, communication.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Buster’s Mal Heart.
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
The IFI, for the comfortable seats and the fantastic spirit of shared love of film. (Plus the coffee is really good!).
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
In (500) Days of Summer, when Tom walks out of his apartment and randomly bursts into a song and dance; it’s such a great blend of so many films and genres, it’s like a love letter to Hollywood and cinema and love stories!
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Corpus Christi (Jan Komasa 2019) PL And Then We Danced (Levan Akin 2019) SE, Calm With Horses (Nick Rowland 2019) UK.
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Jo in Little Women (Greta Gerwig, 2020).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Max Richter’s ‘On the nature of daylight’.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
21. What is your most treasured possession?
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Getting selected for the 27 Times Cinema!.
23. What is your motto?
“No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.”