Cinema for me is…
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
A considerably philosophical realist with a peculiar twist to it.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: sense of duty.
Worst habit: moderate cursing.
3. Your dream job?
Film editor / art dealer.
4. What do you like most about your country?
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“Tere, tere vana kere” meaning “hello, hello old body”.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
France or Italy.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Europe combines a great variety of histories, languages and civilizations. Freedom to travel within the area, traditions and cultural diversity makes this continent special.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Mulholland Drive (David Lynch, 2001, US).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Kino Sõprus. Well advised selection of European films.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Selma (played by Björk) in Dancer in the Dark (Lars von Trier, 1999, DK).
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
As Cesare sneaks into Janes room, he seeks distant comfort from the darkness above. The woman sleeps whilst a dark shadowy creature slowly approaches. Knife rises above her heart, but stops before performing the act, eventually waking the woman with a sudden grip without shutting her cries. Cesare drags the screaming young woman out of her bedroom with a demented look in his obscure cagey eyes, brutal yet hectic, loving yet wrathful. [The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Robert Wiene, 1920, DE)].
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
A Swedish Love Story (Roy Andersson, 1970, SE)
Portrait de la jeune fille en feu (Céline Sciamma, 2018, FR)
Nostalgia (Andreï Tarkovsky, 1970, IT/RU)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Loner Leader played by Léa Seydoux in The Lobster (Yorgos Lanthimos, 2015, GR).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Tex Ritter – “The Ballad of High Noon”.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Dune (David Lynch, 1984, US).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My ID card.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Moving to Berlin for a couple of months and not getting expelled from the university.
23. What is your motto?
Life is a mystery.