In association with other relevant Directorates-General of the European Commission, DG Environment calls for applications to select members for the expert group High-Level Roundtable on implementation of the Chemicals Strategy for sustainability.
The expert group’s mission is to set the Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability objectives and monitor its implementation in dialogue with the stakeholders concerned.
This Group will consist of up to thirty-two members, with a maximum of:
- The Member State holding the Presidency of the Council of the European Union
- Ten third sector organisations in the following areas: health protection, environmental protection, human rights, animal protection, consumer rights, workers’ rights
- Eight scientific organisations, academia, and research institutes providing a suitable balance between expertise in fundamental research, applied research, and training/education
- Ten industries, including SMEs or associations of enterprises including an adequate representation of frontrunners in the production and use of safe and sustainable chemicals. Those should include chemical industries, downstream users (from different sectors), and retailers
- Three international organisations (OECD, WHO, UNEP)
Interested organisations are invited to submit their application before 18 March 2021.